10/2011 - 02/2017 - PhD (Dr. phil.) at Saarland University, Department of Computational Linguistics (Advisor: Prof. Dr. Manfred Pinkal). Summa cum laude.
10/2009 - 09/2011 - Student of Language Science and Technology at Saarland University. Degree: Master of Science.
09/2010 - 12/2010 - Erasmus Student Exchange: School of Informatics, University of Edinburgh.
10/2006 - 09/2009 - Student of Applied Computer Science at the University of Cooperative Education Stuttgart (Duale Hochschule Baden-Württemberg) in cooperation with IBM Germany. Degree: Bachelor of Science.
01/2008 - 04/2008 - Student Exchange: Staffordshire University, UK.
since 01/2021 - Research Scientist and Activity Manager Robust Language Processing at the Bosch Center for Artificial Intelligence, Renningen, Stuttgart.
since 05/2019 - Research Scientist at the Bosch Center for Artificial Intelligence, Renningen, Stuttgart.
11/2016 - 04/2019 - Research & Teaching Staff Member at Ludwig-Maximilians-Universität München, Center for Information and Language Processing (Centrum für Informations- und Sprachverarbeitung - CIS). (with Prof. Dr. Hinrich Schütze)
10/2011-10/2016 - Research & Teaching Staff Member at Saarland University, Department of Computational Linguistics.
02/2014-05/2014 - Visiting Research Student at Edinburgh University, Institute for Language, Cognition and Computation (Advisor: Prof. Dr. Bonnie Webber).
02/2011 - 08/2011 - Internship and Master Thesis at IBM T.J. Watson Research Center, Deep Question Answering (Watson/Jeopardy!) project.
11/2009 - 07/2010 - Research Assistant at German Research Center for Artificial Intelligence (DFKI). Language Technologies Department, EuroMatrix Plus Project (Machine Translation).
03/2010 - 04/2010 - Internship at IBM Research and Development Laboratory Böblingen, Germany, eDiscovery Analyzer team, development of text annotators.
01/2009 - 08/2009 - Internship and Bachelor Thesis at IBM Research and Development Laboratory Böblingen, Germany, InfoSphere Warehouse Text Analysis team.
06/2008 - 09/2008 - Internship at IBM Total Storage Project Office Development team, San Jose, CA, USA.
03/2007 - 05/2007 - Internship at IBM Software Group, Financial Services Sector Stuttgart.
- GSCL-Promotionspreis zum Gedenken an Wolfgang Hoeppner (2018)
- Dr. Eduard Martin-Dissertationspreis der Universitätsgesellschaft des Saarlandes (2017)
- IBM Ph.D. Fellowship Award (2012-2015)
- Scholarship Studienstiftung des Deutschen Volkes (2011)
- Finalist of Google Anita Borg Memorial Scholarship (2010)
- On-line Scholarship e-fellows.net (2006)
- Java Programming
- Python Programming
- German: native
- English: fluent in writing & speaking
- French: advanced
- Chinese: extremely basic
- Latin: ‘Grosses Latinum’
Service and Leadership
- Vice President of the German Association for Computational Linguistics (GSCL)
- Action Editor for ACL Rolling Review
- EMNLP 2021 Senior Area Chair Dialogue and Interactive Systems track
- Member of the Ethics Program Committee NAACL 2021
- ACL 2020 Area Chair Resources and Evaluation track
- EMNLP 2020 Area Chair Discourse & Pragmatics track (Outstanding Area Chair)
- Reviewer for ACL, NAACL-HLT, EMNLP, Coling
- Organizer of the Linguistic Annotation Workshop (LAW) 2016 and 2019