E-Mail: firstname dot lastname @ gmail dot com
I am a Research Scientist working on Natural Language Processing and Computational Linguistics at the Bosch Center for Artificial Intelligence. I am Activity Manager for the Robust Language Processing research activity.
I am currently the vice president of the German Society for Computational Linguistics (GSCL), the scientific association in the German-speaking countries and regions for research, teaching and professional work in natural language processing.
- Computational Syntax and Semantics
- Discourse Processing
- Text Mining / Information Extraction
- Linguistic Annotation
- Deep Learning
I am interested in understanding and modeling interactions at the syntax-semantics interface, taking into account influences of discourse and pragmatics. Most of my past research is about the computational modeling of aspect and genericity. More details here. I am currently also interested in text mining for scientific text, syntactic and semantic parsing, and uncertainty in the context of deep learning for NLP.
In case you’re wondering … I am not a university professor but I am lucky to work very closely with several very talented PhD students at our industrial research lab.
- Sophie Henning (2021-), uncertainty modeling and confidence estimation for deep learning in NLP, co-supervised with Alexander Fraser (LMU Munich)
- Stefan Grünewald (2019-), dependency-parsing based approaches to open information extraction from scientitic text, co-supervised with Jonas Kuhn (University of Stuttgart)
- Subhash Pujari Chandra (2019-), text mining from patents, co-supervised with Michael Gertz (Heidelberg University) and Jannik Strötgen